Politecnico di Torino was founded in 1859 as Technical School for Engineers. For more than 150 years, the Politecnico di Torino has been one of the most prestigious public institutions at both the International and the Italian levels concerning education, research, technological transfer and services in all sectors of architecture and engineering.
The large complex of Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, covering 122,000 square meters, houses the Engineering departments. It was opened in 1958 and now extends to the Cittadella Politecnica, a developing area next to the main site. The Cittadella is a modern campus of over 170,000 square meters, and includes spaces dedicated to students, research activities, technology transfer and services.
The activities for ISGT Europe 2017 are scheduled partly in the main site, and partly in a group of Conference rooms denoted as “Corte interrata”, located in the Cittadella Politecnica.