Call for Workshop Proposals
In addition to exciting plenary talks, technical sessions, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, the 4th IEEE Annual International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2018) will feature a series of half and full-day workshops. The aim of the conference workshops is to offer opportunities to emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main conference sessions. Expected workshops should highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in Smart Cities, and include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Workshop Proposal Format
We invite the submission of workshop proposals. Each proposal is required to be within 5 pages, including the information listed below and follow the specified order:
- Title of the workshop;
- Workshop organizers:
- Names, affiliations and contact information;
- Half-day workshops: up to 2 workshop co-chairs;
- Full-day workshops: up to 3 workshop co-chairs;
- Rationale of the workshop:
- Why is the workshop current and significant?
- What makes this workshop standing out?
- Why will the workshop attract sufficient submissions with high quality?
- Why will the workshop attract more attendees in addition to the authors?
- Scope and topics of the workshop;
- Planned format/program of the workshop:
- Half-day or Full-day
- A tentative schedule
- Preferred day of the workshop
- Number of papers expected to accept
- A short biography of the organizers;
- Draft Call for Papers (CFP)
Workshop Proposal Submission
Proposal applications should be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS at the following link: Proposal applications
|Important Times of Workshop Preparation|
|Proposal Submission Deadline:||April 15, 2018|
|Notification of Selection:||May 10, 2018|
|Website for each workshop on:||May 31, 2018|
|Deadline for workshop paper submission:||July 1, 2018|
|Acceptance Notification:||July 15, 2018|
|Final workshop papers due:||July 30, 2018|
Please feel free to send questions to the ISC2 Workshops Co-Chairs:
Dr. Amro M. Farid, Dartmouth University, USA, IEEE Smart Cities Steering Committee, email@example.com
Dr. Yu Chen, Binghamton University, SUNY, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org