The Institution of Engineers (India), (IEI) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, (IEEE, India) have come together under the IEEE Joint Award with National Societies (JANS) initiative to institute a prestigious award for engineering excellence in various fields of engineering and technology. This National Level Award will recognize engineering excellence with benefit to society in the Electrical Engineering Fields and related Technical Areas. The Award would recognize the outstanding individual contribution either in the Government, Industry, Academia, or Research and Development organizations. Work done in India will only be considered for the Award. The contribution can be in the form of innovative products and services, education, research or any other form of serving the community at large by his/her work.
This Award comprises a medal and a certificate. The Awardee will be shortlisted by an eminent Jury comprising experts from both IEI and IEEE, India. The annual award will be presented jointly by The IEI and IEEE, India at a joint event that would be identified by the Leadership of the two professional societies.
The past awardees include Dr. G Satheesh Reddy, Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri, Government of India, Dr. M Annadurai, Director ISAC (ISRO), Prof Anurag Kumar, Director, Indian Institute of ScienceIISc, and Prof Bhargab B Bhattacharya, ISI and Mr. Vipin Tyagi, Executive Director, C-DoT.
More information can be found at https://www.ieee.org/about/awards/joint-awards-est.html#india
Nominations will be accepted till 31 October 2020, and the Nomination Form will be available on the websites of IEEE Bangalore Section and The Institution of Engineers (India), Karnataka State Centre.
For more information send email to email@example.com
IEI – IEEE
Joint Award for Engineering Excellence – 2020
- Name of the nominee:
- IEEE Membership number: (If any)
- IEI Membership number: (If any)
- Age & Place of birth:
- Professional Affiliation: (If any)
- Business address: (If applicable)
- Home address:
- Phone numbers:
- Employment History:
- Publications / Patents:
- Achievements: (List at least any three most significant contributions of your professional work)
- Economic, Technical, Professional, or Societal impact of contributions
- Honors, Awards & Recognitions
- Endorser-1 (Name,Address,Email): (Enclose endorsement letter)
- Endorser-2 (Name,Address,Email): (Enclose endorsement letter)
- Endorser-3 (Name,Address,Email): (Enclose endorsement letter)
- Nominators Name/Address/Email/Phone: (Not required for self-nomination)
- Nominator’s Signature with date:
- Any other relevant additional information can be attached separately
Nominations may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 October 2019