IEEE India Council Awards
Message from Dr. Suresh Nair, Chair IEEE India Council
Thank you for visiting IEEE India Council (IC) Awards site. IEEE IC realizes that many members are doing exceptionally brilliant in their professional career as well as IEEE volunteering activities. IC celebrates the exceptional achievements of its Student Members, Young Professionals, Professional Members, Women in Engineering as well the Life members by way of honouring them with awards. IC also joins hands with other organisations like Hope Foundation, IEI, etc. in search of achievers (not just limited to IEEE members) and duly recognize their contributions to various fields of science and engineering.
I congratulate 2020 awardees for their contributions to society and engineering profession and for volunteering activities towards IEEE mission of advancing technology for humanity. I am sure, achievements and biodata of 2020 awardees available below at hyperlinks will motivate others to excel and apply for awards.
Suresh Nair, Chair, India Council
About IEEE India Council
IEEE, world’s largest professional organisation, works for advancing Technology for Humanity. It operates in 10 regions across the globe and IEEE India Council (IC) comes under Asia Pacific Region 10. IEEE IC acts as a consortium of 12 Sections in India which collectively have around 50000 members and this is the largest count among Asia Pacific countries. The council undertakes tasks that can be best done together by the Sections. It enables mechanisms to supplement initiatives and programs of these Sections. Membership development, involving students in IEEE activities, encouraging young professionals to innovate, organization of flagship conferences, etc., are some of the important activities of the Sections. IEEE IC honours achievements of IEEE Members through Lifetime Achievement Awards, Volunteer Awards, Student Branch Awards, Technology (Industry) Awards, and Leadership Awards. The following specific awards are constituted to recognize the individual or collective efforts of the membership in promoting the Mission and Vision of IEEE as reflected in the operation of the India Council and its entities.
- IEEE IC- Life Time Achievement (LTA) for Council Chairs: This award is to recognize an exceptional individual, who had been a past Council Chair, and has done outstanding career-long contributions in electrical, electronics or computer science engineering areas at the national level
2020 Awardee: Er. Fakir Chand Kohli, Director Region 10: 1973-74 and Founder Chair, India Council.
- IEEE IC- LTA for Sub-Section I Section Chairs: This award is to recognize past or present Section/ Sub-Section Chairs who have significantly contributed to IEEE objectives by volunteering activities through various positions and by significantly enhancing his/her Section’s activities and outreach.
- Ramakrishna, Bangalore Section
- Mukhopadhyay, Delhi Section
- L. Deekshatalu, Hyderabad Section
- K. Damodaran, Kerala Section
- C. Srivastava, U. P. Section
- Preeti Bajaj, Nagpur Sub-Section
- IEEE IC Technologist of the Year: The objective of this award is to recognize individual technical excellence from an industry professional leading to societal benefits in the field of electrical, electronics, and computer science engineering areas.
- Woman technologist of the Year: The objective of this award is to recognize individual technical excellence from a woman working in industry leading to societal benefits in the field of electrical, electronics, and computer science engineering areas.
- Technology Start-up Award: The objective of this award is to recognize contributions of technology start-up organization,registered in India and operational at least for two years, leading to societal benefits in the field of electrical, electronics, and computer science engineering areas.
Volunteer Awards: The primary criterion for selection for the following four volunteer awards is enthusiastic support of the volunteer to the IEEE activities. Volunteering at the section/chapter/IC/Region level can be at various forums like conferences, seminars, symposiums, technical talks etc. organised by the branch, subsection, section, and region. The first award is for volunteers greater than 35 years of age, while the other three are for volunteers less than 35 years of age.
- IEEE IC – Outstanding Volunteer (>35 years) Awards:
- D N Sujatha Bangalore Section
- Amit Kumar, Hyderabad Section
- Suhair, Kerala Section
- Nithyavathy N, Madras Section
- Surekha Deshmukh, Pune Section
- IEEE IC – Outstanding Student Volunteer Awards:
- Yeshwanth L M, Bangalore Section
- Shashank Simha M R, Bangalore Section
- Chinmay Tompe, Bombay Section
- Virendra Pratap Singh Rathore, Delhi Section
- Ritika Jain, Delhi Section
- Dhruvinsinh Rathod, Gujarat Section
- Srikar Gundu, Hyderabad Section
- ANAGHA N, Kerala Section
- Shylesh S, Kerala Section
- Anishka S, Madras Section
- Aditi Khaire, Pune Section
- Vineeth Vijayan, Uttar Pradesh Section
- IEEE IC – Outstanding WiE Volunteer Awards
- IEEE IC – Outstanding YP Volunteer Awards
- Shaik Suraiah Thaseen, Bangalore Section
- Ashwini Appaji M, Bangalore Section
- Jeet Dagha, Bombay Section
- Akash Nambiar, Kerala Section
- Shankar J, Kerala Section
- Nishant Kumar, Kolkata Section (Consolation)
- Sandeep Vuddanti, Vizag Section (Consolation)
Outstanding Branch Awards: The following two awards are for recognizing contributions made by the IEEE student branches in increasing the awareness about IEEE and the value addition the branch has brought in to the campus. The award will be decided based on various factors like the current membership count, growth of members, number of seminars, symposiums, colloquiums conducted, papers published/ presented in various forum by members, awards won by members, and significant value addition to the campus.
- IEEE IC – Outstanding Student Branch Award:
- IEEE IC – Outstanding Emerging Student Branch Award:
Timelines for the year 2021:
Call for Nominations September 1, 2021
Nomination Deadline October 15, 2021
Evaluation Period November 2021
Recipient Notified: End of November 2021
Please click here for Previous year IEEE IC Awards List.
Dr. S.V. Kulkarni, Vice-Chair Awards, IEEE India Council 2020 (Email:email@example.com)
This website is maintained by Dr. Thangaprakash Sengodan (Vice Chair, Electronic Communication and Information Management) and his team.