Early Career Engineers Travel Grant Program
We are extending the IAS Anniversary Travel Grant for Young Engineers to the I&CPS2016 Technical Conference – May 1-5, 2016, Detroit-Windsor. Contact either David Mindham (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Wei-Jen Lee (email@example.com)
Submissions deadline has been extended while funding lasts. As of April 10th, there are two available grants.
Details on how to apply to the Program can be found on the I&CPS 2016 Web site (This program is sponsored by the Industry Applications Society (IAS) of IEEE.
- The Travel Grant Program will support up to seven (7) Young Engineers to attend the I&CPS 2016 Technical Conference in Detroit-Windsor.
- Expenses, up to $1000vUSD per recipient, will be reimbursed after the Conference, upon submission of an expense report with supporting receipts.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email, by April 15, 2016.
- Must be an higher-grade IEEE member (all grades except Student) in good standing, at the date of application.
- Must be an IAS member in good standing, at the date of application.
- Must have graduated from a 4-year (or more) college-/university-level undergraduate or graduate program after Jan 1, 2011.
Program Selection Criteria:
Applications will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Understanding of I&CPS Activities including the development and revision of Industry Recommended Practices, Standards and understanding of IAS Activities in general.
- Commitment to participate in I&CPS 2016 conference activities.
- Encourage diversity: i.e. preference will be given to candidates from different work locations, different industries and institutions and different cities.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. All applications must include the following:
- Applicant’s Full Name, Home Address, Contact Information (including email address), Company Affiliation, and IEEE Membership Number.
- Date and university/school of graduation as well as degree awarded
- A statement (maximum 300 words) explaining:
- a) why the applicant is interested in attending I&CPS 2016
- b) what the candidate knows about IAS and I&CPS and their activities
- c) how the applicant would benefit from the travel grant.
- In addition to IEEE membership, are you also an IAS member?
- Daytime phone number
Applications must be submitted by email to David Mindham, firstname.lastname@example.org, and shall be received no later than April 6, 2016, 6pm Eastern Time.