Young Engineers’ TGP
IAS 50th Anniversary Travel Grant Program for Young Engineers to Attend and Participate in I&CPS 2015 Technical Conference
The I&CPS 2015 Technical Conference is pleased to announce a Travel Grant Program for Young Engineers to attend I&CPS 2015 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. This program is sponsored by the Industry Applications Society (IAS) of IEEE.
About the Program:
- The Travel Grant Program will support up to six (6) Young Engineers to attend the I&CPS 2015 Technical Conference in Calgary.
- Expenses, up to $1000USD per recipient, will be reimbursed after the Conference, upon submission of an expense report with supporting receipts.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email, by March 27, 2015.
- Must be an IEEE higher-grade member (all grades except Student) in good standing, at the date of application.
- Must be an IAS member in good standing, at the date of application.
- Must have graduated from a 4-year (or more) college-/university-level undergraduate program after Jan 1, 2010.
Applications will be evaluated on the following basis:
- Understanding of I&CPS Activities including the development and revision of Industry Recommended Practices, Standards and understanding of IAS Activities in general.
- Commitment to participate in I&CPS 2015 Conference Activities and IAS 50th Anniversary Celebration during the Conference.
- Enforce diversity : i.e. preference will be given to candidates from different work locations, different industries and institutions and different cities.
Applications must include:
- Applicant’s Full Name, Contact Information (including email address), Company Affiliation, and IEEE Membership Number.
- A statement (maximum 300 words), explaining why the applicant is interested to attend I&CPS 2015, what the candidate knows about IAS and I&CPS and their activities and how the applicant would benefit from the travel grant.
Applications for the Young Engineers’ TGP are no longer being accepted.
A downloadable copy of the Young Engineers TGP rules is available here.