The Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Department traces its roots to the Industrial Power Applications Committee of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE). It was designated as a Department of IAS in 1977, during a reorganization of IAS.
The Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Department presently consists of the following Technical Committees:
- Power Systems Engineering Committee (PSEC)
- Power Systems Protection Committee (PSPC)
- Energy Systems Committee (ESC)
- Codes & Standards Committee (CSC)
- Rural Electric Power Committee (REPC)
Refer to the following articles for a history of the I&CPS Department: