An IEEE technical talk was organized by IEEE IAS Student Branch Chapter IIT Mandi in collaboration with the IEEE PES-IAS Chapter Delhi Section on 08th Nov. 2019 on the topic “Transformation of the Indian core sector Industries and consequent demand on an Engineer over the last 40 years” by Mr. Sabyasachi Roy.
Speaker: Mr. Sabyasachi Roy
Mr. Roy has been discussed on the following topics;
- Technology- Application- Industry interface
- The life cycle of any Technology
- Obsolescence of old technology and adoption of new technology
- Illustrated with some specific reference of transition from DC motors and drives to latest Inverter duty motors and drives
- Discussion on the growth and adoption of new technology in some of the major Core Sector Industries
- Steel and Metal Industries.
- Power sector Industries.
- Cement sector Industries.
- Irrigation & Water supply infrastructure.
Brief CV of Speaker:
Er. Sabyasachi Roy is an alumnus of the 1973 batch of Electrical Engineering of IIT Kharagpur. He Served GEC India Ltd for several years as an Electrical Machine designer. Then he switched over to Application Engineering and Technical marketing and served Kirloskar Electric and then Crompton Greaves. There he was also involved in Quality Management programs like ISO 9001, ISO 140001 etc. In the last decade of his career, he was with the Indian (Manufacturing and Marketing) unit of WEG Brazil, an internationally famous company dealing with very large MV and HV Motors/Generators with state-of-the-art technology. He Retired as Chief Technical Officer of WEG India in 2015. Thereafter he has been devoting some of his time by sharing his experience with students of engineering colleges. He conducted some such lectures at IIEST Shibpur during August 2016 and IIT Kharagpur during January 2017 and February 2018.