- October 2021 (final date TBD) “Virginia Small Satellite Data Consortium (VSDC) Hack-a-thon”
- Fall 2021 Date TBD “Virginia Open Datacube”
- Fall 2021 Date TBD “Off-shore wind turbine meeting – presentation and site visit”
- October 15, 2020 “Generator Sizing” online with Bryan Schoos of Bay Diesel/Generac. Register for the event here: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/242613.
- October 8, 2020 “Antenna Design and Optimization Using Machine Learning” online with Dr. C.J. Reddy of Altair. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a PDF copy of the presentation.
- April 23, 2020 “Annual Student Paper Competition” online. Congratulations to the winners, and to all who participated!
- March 25th, 2020 online meeting “Building Codes in the US”. Email email@example.com if you would like to receive a PDF copy of the presentation.
- February, 2020 no meeting
- January 23, 2020 “Updates from the 2020 National Electrical Code” Kurt Clemente, IEEE representative to Code-Making Panel #18, presented an update on significant changes to the 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC). Every three years the NEC is updated to reflect the newest installation practices utilized by the electrical industry, bringing about hundreds of changes to the code. This 1-hour presentation addressed the composition of the Code-Making Panels, IEEE’s role in the Code-Making process, and introduced a number of changes to Articles that may change the way we design buildings.
We hold monthly meetings ten times a year. Generally they are on the third Wednesday / Thursday and alternate between the Southside and the Peninsula. The subjects are always interesting and the fellowship is even better. Please join us at our next meeting. Follow us on Facebook. We will be sending out IEE E-Notices about our events through the IEEE V Tools system. If you want to search for the events click here. Make sure you activated the option to receive emails (or that you are checking the email you have listed there) from your section here IEEE Account > Communication Preferences > Email > Local IEEE section and chapter email communication
Photos from Past Meetings
Krishna Kaipa, Ph.D. – Collaborative Robotics and Swarm Intelligence – March 15, 2017 @ Slover Library, Norfolk, Virginia
IEEE Hampton Roads Student Poster Competition – April 19, 2017 @ Slover Library, Norfolk, Virginia
There are no upcoming events at this time.