IEEE Finland Section grants financial support twice a year to conferences, symposia, workshops and similar events. The chapters may also apply money for other purposes. The grants vary from few hundred to thousand euros, depending on the scale of the event. The events, which satisfy the following criteria, are favoured:
- The topic of the event falls within the field of the IEEE .
- Scientific impact, e.g., the proceedings appear in IEEEXplore.
- The event is held in Finland.
- Other locations may be considered if they clearly benefit the Finnish IEEE members.
- The topic of the event falls within the interests of Finnish IEEE members.
- The organisers provide reduced participation fees to the IEEE members
The first annual deadline for the applications is 28th of February, and the second annual deadline is 31st of August. Most of the available funds will be granted after the first annual deadline. The applications are evaluated by the IEEE Finland Section Executive Committee in the regular meetings on March and September, respectively. The Section has a limited budget and only few events can be supported annually. However, all requests will be answered after the decision has been made.
An application should include at least a request submitted by the head of the event and a call for papers, or similar description of the event. The applications should be addressed to the IEEE Finland Section and e-mailed to the treasurer. In term 2014-2015, the treasurer is Sarang Thombre.