Best Student Paper Award
IEEE Finland Section calls for the nominations of best student papers every year. The purpose of the best student paper award is to
- stimulate the involvement of the members of IEEE Finland section
- promote technology
- encourage young researchers for further pursuit their career in academic.
- Best conference paper award:
Razane Tajeddine, Oliver W. Gnilke, David Karpuk, Ragnar Freij-Hollanti, Camilla Hollanti, “Robust Private Information Retrieval from Coded Systems with Byzantine and Colluding Server”, 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pp. 2451-2455, 2018
- Best student journal paper award:
V. Petrov et al., “Achieving End-to-End Reliability of Mission-Critical Traffic in Softwarized 5G Networks,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (IEEE JSAC), vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 485-501, March 2018.
IEEE Finland Section Best student paper awards
Best student conference paper award
We welcome submissions of conference papers published between 1st of January and 31st of December in IEEE conferences or IEEE technical co-sponsored events. The student author must be the first author of the paper and enrolled at a University in Finland at the time of submission of the paper. The student author must have done the majority of the research efforts leading to the results reported in the paper as well as the paper writing. Short-listed nominated papers (see rules of nomination) will be invited to present at the IEEE day event or at the annual ExCom meeting.
Best student journal paper award
We welcome submissions of articles published between 1st of January and 31st of December in IEEE journals or IEEE Transactions. The student author must be the first author of the article and enrolled at a University in Finland at the time of submission of the article. The student author must have done the majority of the research efforts leading to the results reported in the paper as well as the article writing. Short-listed nominated articles (see rules of nomination) will be invited to present at the IEEE day event or at the annual ExCom meeting.
- The main supervisor(s) of the student, or a senior academic/researcher with a suitable background in the general area of the paper or article may nominate eligible papers for consideration
- With a nomination, the following shall be included:
- A statement detailing the relation between the nominator and the nominee(s)
- Certification that the nominee was a student member of IEEE
- For papers with multiple authors, a statement that clearly details the contribution of the nominee
- The main motivation for nominating the paper and importance of this paper. Please also indicate the area of the paper according to the IEEE Finland chapters.
- A copy of the paper or a link from where a copy of the paper can be downloaded.
Deadline for nominations
Nominations shall be submitted to the IEEE Finland section before the deadline defined by the section via email with the title “(First author Family Name)_ConferencePaper_Nomination_2018” / “(First author Family Name)_JournalPaper_Nomination_2018” to IEEE.Finland.Secretary@gmail.com.
Selection process and decision
The decision on the awards will be solely based on scientific excellence, originality, utility, timeliness and impact. Nominations are screened and reduced to a short list after the review. The list is submitted to the Awards Committee of the Finland Section that makes the final decision.
If no nominated paper is considered to be of award-winning quality, no winner will be selected. It is expected that the awardee will be announced before the end of the year.
Award committee members (2019)
Zheng Chang (chair), Secretary of IEEE Finland Section, University of Jyväskylä
Toni Mattila, Chair of IEEE Finland Section, Business Finland
Dmitry Petrov, Vice Chair of IEEE Finland Section, Nokia
Rafal Sliz, Former Chair of IEEE Finland Section, University of Oulu
Roel Pieters, Chair of IEEE Joint Chapter of the CSS, RASS and SMCS, University of Tampere
Mahdi Pourakbari Kasmaei, Chair of IEEE PES Finland Chapter, Aalto University.”