IEEE Communications Society – September Virtual Distinguished Lecture Program
Central Texas Joint Chapter ComSoc, Signal Processing and Consumer Technology in collaboration with
Sacramento Valley Section Chapter VT06/Com19 like to invite you to the following DL talk:
5G/6G ENABLE EDGE COMPUTING AND EDGE AI
Date: 13 Sep 2021
Time: 5:00 pm Central
Fawzi Behmann, President TelNet Management Consulting Inc.
PLEASE register at https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/281133
Upon registration in vTools, you’ll receive Zoom Information for the session.
5G represent a major departure from previous cellular generations. It will not only focus on speed, lower latency and spectrum efficiency but will also empower a number of verticals empowered by IoT, AI/ML/DL and Blockchain collecting and aggregating data for edge computing and with 6G at edge intelligence – Edge AI performing analysis and generating insightful information for critical actions in real-time or non-real-time applications.
The talk will cover:
– A clear understanding of 5G & 6G positioning, features and roadmap
– Architecture evolution pushing intelligence to the edge
– Provide examples empowered by 5G/6G, IoT and AI including:
- Enhanced Mobile Services (e.g. High-speed application, video streaming, gaming);
- Massive Machine-type Communications (e.g. Smart homes. Smart building, Smart Cities);
- Ultra-reliable and low latency communications (e.g. Self-driving car, AR/VR, Mission-critical applications)
– Provide an example of network slicing for bandwidth efficiency, security and QoS.
– Understanding why 5G and future generations such as 6G and beyond.
– Example of new classes of applications and services empowered by 5G/6G
– Concept of virtualization and networking slicing for the dynamic launch of new services.
Fawzi is visionary, thought leader, author, and entrepreneur in communications and networking technologies. Offer professional services in the areas of technology & business trends, including positioning and adoption of IoT/5G/AI and development of smart networking solutions in key markets such as healthcare, mobility, energy, public safety and smart cities.
Principal architect for multi-million, multi-year network management systems for telecom global service provider including development of real-time monitoring & control of base & cable stations, international transmission & switching gateways and integrated network control & analysis center applying sensing, communications and analytics across multi-node network.
Published over 50 papers and co-authored the book on “Collaborative Internet of Things for Future Smart Connected Life and Business”.
Fawzi Received several awards from IEEE and Industry. Fawzi has Bachelor of Science Honors in Mathematics with Distinction from Concordia University, Montreal, Master in Computer Science from University of Waterloo, and Executive MBA from Queen’s University in Canada.
If you have any question, please connect with Fawzi Behmann at email@example.com, IEEE Chair of Joint Austin Chapters (ComSoc/SP/CESoc & Computer/EMBS)