SPEAKER: Fawzi Behmann
President, TelNet Management Consulting Inc.
DL, IEEE ComSoc NA Regional Director, BoG Member
Date: September 29, 2020
Time: 7-8:30 pm Central Time
Location: Zoom (Dial-in information will be provided shortly)
RSVP: PLEASE register at https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/240637
Layers of smartness—using technology and data—are being built into cities to make them safer, more efficient and sustainable. Developed cities around the world are actively launching smart solutions, while new and emerging cities are integrating intelligent, connected systems from the start. The big cities of today may not be those of tomorrow. The opportunities are immense—across infrastructure, mobility, energy, healthcare and beyond. Innovative technology applications and their adoption in society offer a turning point. At its core, the smart city is about people and improving the quality of our everyday lives. The COVID-19 pandemic has revealed some of the shortcomings of major cities in times of crisis.
The talk will cover the following areas:
Intro: Current state and challenges of Smart Cities
- Disruptive technologies enable building solid foundation for smart cities – highlights of current and future of IoT, 5G/6G, Analytics (AI/ML/DL) across key markets
- Key examples – technology convergence & adoption in new use cases in key verticals such as smart homes, public safety, autonomous driving, healthcare, smart energy and others.
- Covid-19 accelerate return to new norm with greater innovation, and end-to-end services
Conclusion: Adoption of disruptive technologies and acceleration to a new norm that will help transition to smart societies.
- Understanding the mission of smart cities and current situation of 50 worldwide top smart cities and impact from Coronavirus Covid-19
- Technology Features overview and roadmap of 4G/5G/6G, IoT and AI
- Sample use cases and power of virtualization and network slicing