Virtual Dl Talk:
Date: September 18
Time: 3:00 pm CST
5G represents a major departure from previous cellular generations. It will not only focus on speed, lower latency and spectrum efficiency but will also empower a number of verticals including IoT, AI/ML/DL and Blockchain collecting and aggregating data for edge computing and with G6 at edge intelligence – Edge AI performing analysis and generating insightful information for critical actions in real-time or non-real-time applications. The talk will cover: – A clear understanding of 5G & 6G positioning, features and roadmap – Architecture evolution pushing intelligence to the edge – Provide examples empowered by 5G/6G, IoT and AI including Enhanced Mobile Services (e.g. High-speed application, video streaming, gaming); Massive Machine-type Communications (e.g. Smart homes. Smart building, Smart Cities); Ultra-reliable and low latency communications (e.g. Self-driving car, AR/VR, Mission-critical applications)- Provide an example of network slicing for bandwidth efficiency, security and QoS. Key Takeaways: – Understanding why 5G and future generations such as 6G and beyond. – Example of new classes of applications and services empowered by 5G/6G – Concept of virtualization and networking slicing for the dynamic launch of new services. Option: Chapter chair can select fewer use cases with deeper dive.
Fawzi Behmann, President TelNet Management Consulting Inc.
Fawzi is a visionary, thought leader, author, and entrepreneur in communications and networking technologies. Offer professional services in the areas of technology & business trends, including positioning and adoption of IoT/5G/AI and development of smart networking solutions in key markets such as healthcare, mobility, energy, public safety and smart cities.
- Software research Engineer, Pulp & Paper, Electronic Associates Ltd.
- Telecom Project & Program Leader, Engineering & System Development, Teleglobe Canada
- Sr. Product Manager, Broadband Networks, Nortel Networks
- Director of Strategic Marketing, Motorola/Freescale Semiconductor Networking and Communications division
- President, TelNet Management Consulting Inc., (2009-present)
Professional working experience:
- Software engineering for the development of real-time production for paper colour process control system
- Principal architect for multi-million, multi-year network management systems for telecom global service provider including the development of real-time monitoring & control of base & cable stations, international transmission & switching gateways and integrated network control & analysis center applying sensing, communications and analytics across the multi-node network.
- Sr. product manager for multi-service edge node and core network.
- Semiconductor SoC product roll-out for communications and networking applications
- Industry-University technology research on advanced wireless technology for base stations
- Sponsored IoT outreach projects as a part of senior design projects
- Developed plan & high-level architecture and implementation plan delivered to the governments of Ghana and Togo for building an advanced first responder network incorporating advance wireless communications, sensing, GIS, GPS and drones
- As a consultant, co-chair the analysis of 38 UAE-Dubai departments of the Ministry of Environment and water and developed a GIS-IT strategic roadmap of 40 applications and KPI.
- Led in organizing and chairing several conferences, summits, tracks or sessions for different events: Globecom, ICC, WCNC, and DL and KN Conference
- Co-founder of IoT for Healthcare Consortium, Intelligent Health Association and a Board member of Austin CityUP enable building smart cities.
- Published over 50 papers and co-authored the book on “Collaborative Internet of Things for Future Smart Connected Life and Business”.
- As a part of the Canadian Delegation, engaged with ITU in the development of Network Management TMN standards M.3000 for all operators (1989-1992). In 1993, I acted as the chair of Study Group IV/WP 3 for Network management Support & Maintenance
- Engagement with ITRS, Industry standards for Semiconductor Roadmap consortium developed networking SOC of coherent approach multi-core, accelerators, and memory hierarchy as an indicator a key indicatory for semiconductor process technology roadmap.
- Engaged with IETF and defined QoS services for the multiservice edge of the network.
As a senior member of IEEE, I engaged in managing several chapters (ComSoc, Signal Processing, EMBS and Computer), the CTS section, R5 regional conference committee, North American ComSoc vice-chair, Section PACE chair and others.