Full Paper Submission
Paper Format (for All Papers)
Prepare your paper(s) according to the IEEE Final paper template available here:
Download A4 template (DOC, 56 KB)
Latex templates are available from:
Use the A4 format. Do not use the US Letter format.
Papers must strictly follow the format to be included in the workshop proceedings. The expected length of paper is between 6 to 8 pages. All papers are limited to 8 pages in length (max). Also, do not paginate your papers.
Before submitting your paper, you must add the copyright notice at the bottom of the first page of your source document (MS Word or LaTeX). The copyright notice should appear about 0.5 cm below the left column, and should be aligned to the left with the same left margin as the column.
Note that the copyright notice may differ depending on the authorship. Please select appropriate copyright notice to add to your manuscript based on the criteria below:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-5090-1815-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
978-1-5090-1815-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is:
978-1-5090-1815-4/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE
IEEE pdf eXpress
To ensure that submitted papers meet the requirements for IEEE Xplore compatibility, all submissions must be verified by the IEEE pdf eXpress tool.
The conference ID for COMPEL 2016 is 37407X.
Steps for checking, using the pdf eXpress:
- Please go to the IEEE pdf eXpress Website www.pdf-express.org
- New users should follow the appropriate link to fill in the required information for creating a new account
- Previous users of IEEE pdf eXpress can use their existing username and password.
- Create an IEEE PDF eXpress account for COMPEL by entering the conference ID: 37407X
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title”
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Upload the required file for generating an IEEE Xplore-compatible pdf
- Submit either your source file for conversion to pdf format, or a pdf file generated according to ieee requirements for verification
- For additional instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support, please go to http://www.pdf-express.org/frhelpnologin.asp
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your checked pdf or IEEE pdf eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a pdf for checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed. In case you submitted a pdf file that failed the check, please address the required issue and submit a new file for checking
IEEE Copyright Form
Your final paper submission must be accompanied by a properly filled and signed IEEE Copyright Form.
Please access the following webpage to submit the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form:
In order to achieve successful transfer of Copyright, please make sure that the order of the authors and the title you input in the online form are identical to what is provided in the final paper and to the information you provide in the EasyChair Submission system. Then, please click on “Copyright Submission” follow the instructions from the IEEE electronic Copyright submission system. Please note that your papers will not be included in the Proceedings of COMPEL on IEEE Xplore unless a valid copyright form has been submitted.
Submission of final papers
The pdf version of the final paper as approved by IEEE pdf eXpress should be uploaded to the EasyChair submission system by the 24th of June.
- Log into the COMPEL 2016 EasyChair submission page at:
- Click on your paper ID number in the top menu, or the “My Submissions” tab and select your paper if you have multiple papers submitted to COMPEL.
- Update the information about your submission and input the abstract of your final paper by clicking on the appropriate links in the upper left corner
- Before uploading your final paper please check that:
- The title in EasyChair matches your camera-ready paper exactly.
- Compare all author names in EasyChair with the author list in your paper. They MUST BE identical and in the same order. This is very important because we will be using the information provided in EasyChair to generate the final conference program and the table of contents for the proceedings to be published on IEEE Xplore
- Please ensure that the abstract and title can be read and understood separately from the rest of the paper and not contain any references or unexplained acronyms.
- Upload your camera-ready final paper in pdf format as verified by ieee pdf eXpress by clicking on the link “Update file” in the upper right corner. Then press the “Submit” button and complete your submission.
Revised Paper Submission
In the tradition of COMPEL, authors are allowed to submit revised version of their papers after for a short period after the Conference.
Please carefully follow the same steps for formatting and uploading your paper as for the initial Full Paper Submission:
- Format your paper according to the given template
- Ensure that the correct Copyright Notice is included on the first page of your paper
- Verify ieeeXplore compatibility by using the ieee pdfeXpress tool
- Upload the verified .pdf file to the EasyChair submission system
Please ensure that your paper title is covered by an Electronic Copyright Form. If you have already completed the copyright transfer for the initial Full Paper Submission, you do not need to repeat the submission.
Deadline for Revised Paper Submission: Sunday 10th of July
This is a hard deadline for revised papers to be included in the COMPEL Proceedings on ieeeXplore.