IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. The association is chartered under this name and it is the full legal name. To learn more about the association’s name, for more information please read the History of IEEE.
About IEEE Central Coast Section
Did you know that the world’s largest professional organization has a presence right here in Southern California’s backyard?
The 400,000 technology and engineering professionals comprising the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) are united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate.
The Central Coast Section of IEEE serves 800 IEEE members in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties.
On the third Wednesday of every month, we present free lectures by world’s leading authorities on the frontiers of engineering and technology, along with free food, where nonmembers are also welcome.
For more information, please visit our website or contact us via e-mail:
- Central Coast Executive Meetings
- Contact Us
- Events & Activities
- 3-D Printing Demonstration @ Goleta Library
- Central Coast Events and Seminars
- Past Events
- 2019 Professional Event
- Alternative Computing with Memristors
- Awesome Photons – A Fiber Optic Technology Update
- Computer vision, deep learning and big data Presentation
- Dr. Tali Freed Ph. D., P.E. – Cal Poly: UAV-RFID for Outdoor Applications
- Fundamentals of mm-Wave and Sub-Terahertz for Multi-Antenna Array Transceivers
- Future Power Efficient Hardware Accelerator Presentation
- Monte Carlo Presentation
- NEWC Banquet
- Spring Bash @The Upham !
- The Big Bang Presentation
- The DARKNESS Camera Presentation
- The Technology Literacy Presentation
- Towards Sustainable Electric Transportation
- UCSB Robotics Presentation
- Using Photonics to Make More Energy Efficient Data Centers & Communications
- vTools and MD Meeting
- Join IEEE
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 1 (Summer 1999)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 2 (Fall 1999)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 1, Number 3 (Winter 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 1 (Summer 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 2 (Fall 2000)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 3 (Winter 2001)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 2, Number 4 (Spring 2001)
- IEEE Central Coast News Volume 4, Number 1 (Fall 2002)