IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists.
The Boston Section Women in Engineering Affinity Group holds monthly events which support the mission and vision of IEEE WIE, described below. These events are free and open to the public – although we do encourage people to add WIE to their current IEEE membership (which can be done via online registration).’ You can come to one meeting, many meetings – you can volunteer a little or a lot – either way you are welcome!
Our meetings generally require registration using IEEE Vtools, which is a quick and easy to use registration system.
You can find us on Facebook under “IEEE Boston WIE“.
We would really like to meet you and have you as part of our network!
Mission and Vision of IEEE WIE
The mission of IEEE WIE is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally.
IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to:
- recognize women’s outstanding achievements in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations;
- organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE;
- advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession;
- provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities;
- promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow;
- facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs;
- administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools.
There are no upcoming events at this time.