Hello IEEE PES Boston members,
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe. Please find attached the details for our upcoming Technical Meeting on October 19, 2021 which will also be a virtual awards night.
- Speaker: Damir Novosel, President and Founder, Quanta Technology
- Topic: Planning for Resilience: The Texas Example
- Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
- Time: MS Teams starts at 6:00 pm
- Location: Online only via MS Teams; no in-person gathering
- Join Online: Click here to join the meeting
- Join by Phone: +1 917-768-2821,,956133528# United States, New York City
- Phone Conference ID: 956 133 528#
Also, find attached the nomination forms for the following awards. Please note that these are based on the calendar year 2020 activities.
Every year, the Boston Chapter of the IEEE Power and Energy Society presents the following awards to recognize the outstanding achievements and efforts of our members:
- Outstanding Engineer Award (OEA) – This award is presented annually to an individual to recognize outstanding technical, professional and society contributions on behalf of the power engineer profession.
- Outstanding Young Engineer Award (OYEA) – This award is presented annually to recognize an engineer 35 years of age or under “for outstanding contributions in the leadership of technical society activities including local and/or transnational PES and other technical societies, leadership in community and humanitarian activities, and evidence of technical competence through significant engineering achievements.”
- Outstanding Volunteer Award (OVA) – This award is presented annually to an individual to recognize a PES volunteer for outstanding engagement in support of PES Boston Chapter programs.
The deadline for all applications is October 15, 2021. The winners will be announced and recognized at the IEEE PES Boston Chapter technical meeting on October 19, 2021.
Please find more details and a list of previous winners here: https://site.ieee.org/boston-pes/awards/
Normally we have the Awards presentation at our Annual Dinner night (typically in May), but this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to cancel the in-person gathering.
Thanks & regards,
IEEE PES Boston Chair.