Reminder: two talks on Thursday, Oct 14th
- Making Qubits: Diamond, Photonics, Superconductors, and More, by Dr. Russ Renzas, Oct 14, 2021, 12pm MDT. Sponsored by Boise Computer Society and Boise Solid-State Circuits Society chapters. See https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/281749 for details.
- Straintronics: Manipulating nanomagnets with strain for causal intelligence, by Prof. Supriyo Bandyopadhyay, Oct 14, 7 PM. Sponsored by Boise Solid-State Circuits Society and Boise Electron Devices Society chapters. See https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/284139 for details.
Other Upcoming Events in our Section
- Battery Energy Storage Systems: An Industrial Perspective, by Ahmed Elasser, PhD, Oct 27, 2010, 10:30 AM. Sponsored by Boise Power and Energy Society chapter. See https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/283835 for details.
Recordings Available from Recent Events
- Digital Storage and Memory for AI from the Edge to the Data Center, by Tom Coughlin. BSU ECE Seminar. Abstract and speaker biography at https://www.boisestate.edu/coen-ece/event/ece-seminar-9-22/ . Event recording at https://boisestate.zoom.us/rec/share/aHvxRNqg8AB8go3uydSnsMc509sB2I3M4VGemRomgwXWPGZhq5rwnZuNhgwJ8RFY.3kBMrYtdYLH4UnVj .
- Visualization, Rendering, Ray Tracing, and Deep Learning, by Randy Rannow. BSU ECE Seminar. Abstract and speaker biography at https://www.boisestate.edu/coen-ece/event/ece-seminar-9-29/. Event recording at https://boisestate.zoom.us/rec/share/Ne-LAnk4fC9x_KywQ1AtiAxYVf_ovDjp3wya1VpdeGq0P55XZxssZYmtIt5rkLMX.TyokYRhSh92g0gIJ .
From the Chair (Randy Rannow, email@example.com)
Thank you for your membership in IEEE. You are receiving this newsletter because you are a member of the IEEE-Boise section. Previous newsletters are on our section web site at https://site.ieee.org/boise/archive/ .
The 2021 IEEE Annual Election results have been released. Saifur Rahman has been elected as the 2022 IEEE President-Elect. View the complete election results at https://www.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-org/ieee/web/org/about/corporate/election/2021-election/2021-election-results.pdf .
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IEEEBoise .
Find out about more upcoming IEEE events at these links:
- Region 6 (western US) web site: https://ieee-region6.org/events/category/meetings/
- MGA Scoop – Monthly newsletter about upcoming events and member benefits: https://mga.ieee.org/news/32-ieee-news
- IEEE Virtual Events Calendar – Major upcoming events and those now available on demand. https://spectrum.ieee.org/static/ieee-virtual-events-calendar
- IEEE App. For a comprehensive listing of all IEEE events, including chapter, section and student branch meetings, use the IEEE app available on Google Play and Apple’s App Store. Download the IEEE app today. https://app.ieee.org/
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any of your friends and colleagues who may be interested in what IEEE has to offer. Let them know one benefit of joining IEEE is the opportunity to network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest. There’s much more information about the benefits of IEEE membership at https://ieee.org/join .
If you have a topic you’d like to suggest or an article you’d like to contribute to a future newsletter, please send it to Chris Gunning at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!