Section Picnic this Friday Sept. 17th
Free IEEE Boise Section fall picnic catered by BSU and NNU student branches. Family and friends are welcome. Hope to see you there!
Date: Friday, Sept. 17
Time: 6pm to 8pm
Location: Kristin Armstrong Municipal Park shelter site, 500 S. Walnut St, Boise
Other Upcoming Events in our Section
- IEEE MOVE disaster support truck, by Mary Ellen Randall, Wed Sept 15, 2021, 10:30am MDT. The seminar will take place hybrid, in person at Boise State, and also via Zoom at https://boisestate.zoom.us/j/92994002201 . More details at https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/281690 .
- Magnetic Nanoparticle Swarm for Active Delivery, by Dr. Li Zhang, Sept 21, 2021, 7pm MDT. Sponsored by Boise Signal Processing/Robotics Automation Joint Chapter. See https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/280790 for details.
- Digital Storage and Memory for AI from the Edge to the Data Center, by Tom Coughlin, Sept 22, 2021, 10:30am MDT. See https://www.boisestate.edu/coen-ece/event/ece-seminar-9-22/ for details.
- Making Qubits: Diamond, Photonics, Superconductors, and More, by Dr. Russ Renzas, Oct 14, 2021, 12pm MDT. Sponsored by Boise Computer Society Chapter. See https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/281749 for details.
- Battery Energy Storage Systems: An Industrial Perspective, by Ahmed Elasser, PhD, Oct 27, 2010. See https://www.boisestate.edu/coen-ece/event/ece-seminar-10-27/ for details.
From the Chair (Randy Rannow, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your membership in IEEE. You are receiving this newsletter because you are a member of the IEEE-Boise section. Previous newsletters are on our section web site at https://site.ieee.org/boise/archive/ .
I am pleased to announce the formation of the Signal Processing/Robotics Automation Joint Chapter in our section. Chandika Silva is the new chair and Wankun Sirichotiyakul is the new vice chair of the joint chapter.
Be sure to vote in the 2021 IEEE Annual Election. Voting is open until Oct. 1st. Officers up for election this year include IEEE President-Elect and IEEE-USA President-Elect. Learn more plus access your ballot at https://www.ieee.org/about/corporate/election/index.html .
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IEEEBoise .
Find out about more upcoming IEEE events at these links:
- Region 6 (western US) web site: https://ieee-region6.org/events/category/meetings/
- MGA Scoop – Monthly newsletter about upcoming events and member benefits: https://mga.ieee.org/news/32-ieee-news
- IEEE Virtual Events Calendar – Major upcoming events and those now available on demand. https://spectrum.ieee.org/static/ieee-virtual-events-calendar
- IEEE App. For a comprehensive listing of all IEEE events, including chapter, section and student branch meetings, use the IEEE app available on Google Play and Apple’s App Store. Download the IEEE app today. https://app.ieee.org/
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to any of your friends and colleagues who may be interested in what IEEE has to offer. Let them know one benefit of joining IEEE is the opportunity to network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest. There’s much more information about the benefits of IEEE membership at https://ieee.org/join .
If you have a topic you’d like to suggest or an article you’d like to contribute to a future newsletter, please send it to Chris Gunning at email@example.com . Thank you!