Student Branch EXCOM Summit 2017
[10-July-2017] Registration portal opened, venue, date and time confirmed.
Registration form link (Branch Chair is primarily responsible): Form
Registration Deadline: 19-July-2017 (No request will be entertained after this date)
Registration Fee: 150 BDT per person + 2% bKash charge. bKash numbers for sending the total fee (460 BDT) are: 01670690338, 01911253188, 01777980526. Branch Chair is responsible for collecting the total fee and sending it via bKash.
vTools Event Link: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/46194
Venue: Stamford University Bangladesh, Siddesori Campus
Time: 03:00 PM to 07:30 PM
- Opening remarks (5 min.)
- SAC Presentation (25 min.)
- Branch Presentation Part – I (90 min.)
- Networking break over snacks (10 min.)
- Section EXCOM Introduction (20 min.)
- Student Branch Presentations Part II (90 min)
- QA session (30 min.)
- Closing remarks (5 min.)
Travel Grant: Branch Counselor, Branch Chair and Female member from each of the following branch will be entitled to get a partial travel grant of BDT 500: RUET, IIUC, HSTU, PUST, CUET, SUST, LU, KUET, MBSTU.
[22-June-2017] Branch Counselors and Chairs are notified to prepare branch presentation for the summit by email. Excerpt from that email:
In the summit there will be 5 min. slot for each SB to present.
- Year-To-Date Branch activities brief overview. That is the overview of the activities that would be completed before the summit date. Branch may include one highlighted activities from 2016 as well.
- Planned activities for rest of the year.
- Dedicate a slide for: At what time of the year your branch plans the activities and how the planning and execution is done?
- At least ONE best practice that the branch follows.
- Improvement opportunities for both the branch and section.
[18-June-2017] The deadline to fill-up the EOI form has been extended from 15-June-2017 to 25-June-2017. The form can be found in an email that was sent to SB Chairs and Counselors.
Call for Expression of Interest
IEEE Bangladesh Section Student Branch Executive Committee Summit (SB EXCOM Summit) is a meet-up of executive committee members from every student branch under Bangladesh Section.
Must be on Friday. July to September
It is roughly a 4 to 4.5 hours’ event
Intended participants are (max 4 participants from each branch)
- Branch Counselor
- Branch Chair
- One female WIE representative (preferably the SB WIE Chapter Chair) and
- One general member
Basic Program Outline
- Welcome message by host branch counselor
- Message from Section Student Branch Coordinator
- Presentations from student branches on the activities, future planning, best practices and challenges
- Networking (Snacks) break
- Open dialogue among BDS EXCOM and SB EXCOM members
The program is intended to be self-sufficient. Section will provide a budget of 20,000 BDT and rest of the expenses shall be covered from nominal registration fees from the participants. But, host branch may always search for sponsors and use that sponsor money to enhance the overall program experience (only for example: better snacks, gifts for participants, award for best participants etc.)
Bangladesh Section is looking for EOI from Dhaka based Student Branches who are interested to host the SB EXCOM Summit 2017. Interested branches shall fill-out the EOI Form with relevant information.
Clearly mention facilities available at your branch like sitting capacity, multimedia systems, snacks distribution and break-out space etc. (These are strictly for example only. You may mention more).
Besides, interested branches shall send few high-resolution photos of their venues in a zip file to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line SB EXCOM SUMMIT 2017 Photos IEEE <University Name> SB.
The Program Outline given in the Program Summary section is just a basic agenda. Branches are highly encouraged to brainstorm ideas to make the event more interactive and fruitful. At present, we have 30 student branches and even a 4 minutes’ presentation from each branch will lead to 2 hours of continuous monologue which might be at times boring. So, we recommend branches to propose fresh concepts and additional interactive components taking program length and budget in consideration.
The host branch shall be responsible for (including but limited to):
- Registration (preparing form, collecting registration fees etc.)
- Session management
IEEE BDS SAC Team will be there to help the host branch.
The deadline to fill-out the form and to send photos is 25-June-2017
15-June-2017. A link to the EOI form has been sent by email to Branch Chairs and Counselors. They are requested to check their email account listed in vTools.