IEEE R-10 SAC TAP 2017 (Bangladesh Section)
TAP (Technology Awareness Program)
IEEE Bangladesh Section, Student Activities Committee (SAC) in association with IEEE Bangladesh Section, IEEE BDS Young Professionals Affinity Group and IEEE Region 10 Student Activities Committee have brought you the highly esteemed IEEE program, T.A.P. (Technology Awareness Program). Technology Awareness Program provides a platform that enables student members, industry professionals and young professionals to solicit, refine and disseminate quality technological information on the emerging field.
IEEE, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, is the world’s largest professional association with over 425,000 members worldwide. IEEE’s core purpose is to advance technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. The IEEE Bangladesh section is the local branch of IEEE with over 2500 members and is a part of the IEEE Region-10 (Asia and Pacific). The discussion session will be a part of the Technology Awareness Program (TAP), which is an initiative by IEEE Region-10.
The core philosophy behind our discussion session is to provide a platform that enables student members, industry professionals and young professionals to solicit, refine and disseminate quality technological information on the emerging field of Internet of Things (IoT). This program will enable students to get valuable insights on the prospects of IoT technology by bringing together the best of industry and academia onto the same stage.
Venue: ECE Building, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Date: 7th October, 2017 (Saturday)
- Facebook Event Page
- Facebook Page
- Individual Registration Link
- Team Registration Link for Idea Contest
1. Reduan Hasan Khan
Deputy General Manager- Head of IoT, Grameenphone Bangladesh Ltd.
2. Mr. Gorky Sakhawat Sobhan
Director at Finder GPS Tracking Service
3. Mr. Azfar Adib
Solution Architect, IoT, Grameenphone Bangladesh Ltd.
Tentative Program Schedule:
|2:00 pm – 2:10 pm|
|First Session: Technical Talk 1 by Dr. Reduan Hasan Khan
The first session will give the participants a basic and broad idea about IoT. The history of IoT, benefits of IoT, what can be and has been achieved using the help of IoT will also be discussed.
|2:10 pm – 2:30 pm|
|Second Session: Technical Talk 2 by Mr. Gorky Sakhawat Sobhan
The implementation of IoT in real life
|2:30 pm – 2:50 pm|
|Third session: Technical Talk 3 by Mr. Azfar Adib
Hands on experience. The event will focus on students and where they will learn practical things my making things with their own hand.
|2:50 pm – 3:10 pm|
|Fourth Session: Interactive Session
The speaker may come up with instant problems and let the participants solve the problem. For example, a speaker from Grameenphone may talk about a problem they faced previously that they have already solved and then ask the participants how they might have solved it. Discussion with people from industry, academia will be focused in this session. Freshers can share their experience too.
|3:10 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Panel Discussion Session
From idea to real life implementation. The session will be
|4:30 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Idea Contest Poster Presentation & Tea Break
|5:00 pm – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 pm – 6:00 pm|
We are pleased to announce that a poster competition will be held on
“Define a problem in Bangladesh and propose a method of solving that problem by INTERNET of things (IOT)”
The ideas will be marked based on the following criteria:
- How innovative the idea is.
- How feasible the idea is.
- If the implementation of the idea is possible.
- How simple the idea is to implement.
Rules and regulations:
- Register your team first. Maximum 2 people per team is allowed.
Team Registration link – https://goo.gl/SCVVSf
(if you are participating in the competition you don’t need to register individually)
- Define a problem in Bangladesh the topics may include
- Agriculture and environment
- Assistive systems for people with disabilities
- Games and entertainment
- Clean water and energy
- Disaster management
- Women safety
- Waste management system
- Propose a method of solving that problem based in Internet of Things (IoT)
- An abstract need to be sent by 2nd October 2017.
- If selected you need to present a poster on your solution on 7th October, 2017
- It is essential that your poster is put up just before the session and removed immediately after it has ended.
- The presenter is expected to be stationed by his/her poster and answer questions from the audience.
- Poster size should be 36 inches × 48 inches (maximum) landscape format.
- Poster locations will be marked using a ID that will be provided after the abstract submission