Collaborations with technical societies
The purpose of this project is to disseminate quality technical information among students around Bangladesh Section and to make them aware of recent research trends. Currently the collaboration program is going on with following technical society chapters:
- Engineering Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) Bangladesh Chapter
Biomedical Research Awareness Sessions in association EMBS BD Chapter
[Update] Session Reports
- [March 21, 2017] Stamford University Session
[Update February 27, 2017] Results
IEEE BDS SAC selected 3 student branches to host the biomedical research awareness sessions for the year 2017. An email with more details have been sent to contact persons (as mentioned in the EOI form) and branch counselors. The host branches are:
- IEEE Stamford University SB
- IEEE Mawlana Bhasani Science and Technology University SB
- IEEE North South University SB
Call For Expression of Interest to host the workshop
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) Bangladesh Chapter and IEEE Bangladesh Section SAC is going to conduct a series of awareness sessions on Biomedical Research.
The initial plan is as follows:
- Total 3 sessions at 3 different universities – Mar (1 session), Apr (1 session) and May (1 session)
- Duration: About half-day
- Class size: 20-30 PAX
- Target audience: students preferably completed 50% total credits who are interested to know about Biomedical research. Faculty members who are working in Biomedical research are encouraged to join and present research and they can give talk also.
- Students are required to bring their laptops or a Lab with computers will do.
EMBS Bangladesh and SAC BDS will arrange speakers and small refreshments. Student Branch/Dept./University shall provide the venue (sitting arrangement, projector, sound systems, power outlets for laptop charging etc.) and publicize among its members to join the sessions.
In this light, we are looking for interested SBs to host the event. It will be highly beneficial for young students and researchers.
Please fill-out this simple Expression of Interest form by February 15, 2017.
Please feel free to contact me for any queries.
Student Activity Coordinator (2017)
IEEE Bangladesh Section
IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS), Bangladesh Chapter
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology