Event Name: Online Article Writing Contest
Topic: “Electrical Engineering Research to Combat Corona Virus Pandemic”
Submission Open: Wednesday, 29 April, 2020
Submission Closed: Sunday,10 May, 2020
Event Site: IEEE Power & Energy Society Bangladesh Chapter Facebook Page. https://bit.ly/2YiDJTg
Open for all students.
Registration: No Registration fees required.
Results Published: 15 May, 2020
Article Submitted: 18
Prof. Dr. Tareq Aziz, AUST
Dr. A.S. Nazmul Huda, Asst. Prof., BracU
Mr. Ata-E-Rabbi, Asst. Prof., AUST
Mr. Abhijit Biswas, Lecturer, BracU
Mr. Abir Ahsan Akib, Lecturer BracU
1. Article must be within 2000 words.
2. MS Word file has to be uploaded. Maximum file size 10 Mb.
3. Article should be written by one author. Team work will not be accepted.
4. Relevant recent data or figures can be included mentioning proper references.
5. Article will be checked for Plagiarism.
6. All the articles will be checked by an expert committee.
7. IEEE PES BDC preserves all the rights of this event.
1. Top 3 positions received appreciation certificates.
2. Top 3 articles will be reported in R10 Newsletter.
3. Top 3 articles will be reported in PES E-News.
4. The best article will be posted on IEEE PES Bangladesh Chapter Facebook Page.
5. Top 10 participants’ received e-certificates.
An Online Article Writing Contest on
“Electrical Engineering Research to Combat Corona Virus Pandemic”
During the lockdown in pandemic of COVID 19, IEEE Power and Energy Society, Bangladesh Chapter took an initiative to find out some idea from the young students to fight against the situation. For this purpose, an online article writing contest had been organized on the topic of “Electrical Engineering Research to Combat Corona Virus Pandemic” as a part of PES Day activity. The online event submission was opened on Wednesday, 29 April, 2020 and received the submissions tillSunday,10 May, 2020. Students at least from 10 different institutes participated this event. Each participant submitted an Article within 2000 words. A judge panel of distinguished academics evaluated the articles and selected the best among them. Md. Kamrul Islam from Brac University achieved the first position in this contest. Israt Jahan Bushra from Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology and Syed Sadia Hossain from Bangladesh University of Professionals held the second position jointly. Abdur Rahman Showrov from Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology and Md. Ashiqur Rahman from American International University-Bangladesh jointly achieved the third place. Top 3 positions received appreciation certificates and the 10 participants’ received e-certificates from IEEE PES Bangladesh Chapter. It should be mentioned that the registration was completely free for the participants. To read the articles click here.